Monday, February 21, 2011

Raspberry Cream Dream

So back when I was a working woman, I had the pleasure of having a Starbucks right in our building. This was dangerous to my wallet! I would try all different sorts of drinks, my favorite being mochas. But my absolute favorite was Raspberry Mochas, both hot and frozen. Then I started staying home, so I couldn't splurge on them anymore. So I played around and perfected my own mochas with Hershey's syrup, milk, and coffee. Sure saves a lot of money!

Well... the other day, we went to the Lebanon Farmer's Market to pick ourselves up some coffee beans. We got a kick-ass KitchenAid Blade Coffee Grinder from G-Pa from Christmas, so we've been trying all sorts of yummy flavors. And this time I found Raspberry Cream! I made some the next day, and drank it with my yummy Decadent Truffle Bottom Chocolate Cream Pie for breakfast. HEAVEN!!! The chocolate and raspberry were perfect together. Then, DUH, it hit me! I can FINALLY make myself a raspberry mocha. So the next day I brewed a pot of the coffee (I like to brew a pot, then keep it in the fridge to use as I go throughout the week) and got to work. And I have THE PERFECT drink. What a great way to wake up!

So here's my recipe for Raspberry Cream Dream Mocha:
1 cup brewed Raspberry Cream Coffee
1/2 cup milk (I use 1%)
2 Tbsp chocolate syrup
Whipped cream (optional)

If you want it hot, heat up the milk and chocolate syrup in the microwave first, then pour the coffee in. Mix, top with whipped cream, enjoy.
If you want it cold, brew the coffee the night before and refridgerate. Then when you want one, mix it all together, top with whipped cream, and enjoy!

Unfortunately, after I brewed my coffee, it took B brewing several pots of his own coffee to get rid of the raspberry flavor in his coffee. Whatever is used to flavor it STICKS, big time. He didn't really like the taste of coconut and raspberry together. Or vanilla and raspberry (I thought it was yummy!). Oh well, at least I'm enjoying it!

No comments:

Post a Comment