Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Spring is (almost) here!

So the weather was decent today and the kids were going stir-crazy, so we went for a walk.  The kids had a blast (and we only went around the neighborhood!), and it felt great to get some fresh air.  G was all wrapped up on me in my gorgeous Natibaby wrap and slept the whole time.
Natibaby "Ocean" - no action shots, sorry!

So while on our walk, we came across something that made my heart skip a beat.

A flower, a real live flower!! Actually, there was more than one... and we saw the start of some Irises...I think.  I'm not a botanist by any means.  B and I have a running joke.  He asks what kind of flower something is.  I NEVER know, so my answer is always "daisy". So it may or may not have been Irises.  But either way, let's rejoice over my purple "daisy"!  And purple just happens to be my all-time favorite color, so that makes it all the better. 

I let the kids play for a bit longer outside, just til their ears got a bit frozen on the ends (only 49 out, and windy), then drug them into the house.  They're NOT happy with me for that.  Oh well, this week looks like it's going to be pretty nice, so we'll go outside a whole lot more.  Friday is supposed to be 70!  I could get used to this.  Fingers crossed it stays. 

Now to get a start on dinner while G is sleeping.  Chicken Corn Noodle soup tonight with salads and leftover homemade biscuits.  Toodle-oo!

No comments:

Post a Comment