Friday, March 18, 2011

Frugal Friday

Can I make a confession? I LOVE being thrifty. I mean, it's like an addiction for me. I walk into a store, I head straight for the clearance racks. I look through all the weekly ads looking for a good deal on chicken. If I find something super cheap, I stockpile it. I coupon, bargain-shop, eBay, Amazon, swagbucks, etc. Any way I can save money, I do.

So every Friday (if I get the chance that is) I'm going to post about something I did to either save money, or at least not spend as much!

Today? My awesome eBay score!

My wardrobe is seriously lacking. I mean, I was down to about two pairs of jeans, one of which had holes in the knees. I just lived in sweatpants for about six months while I was pregnant, and when G was born, I was done with it. I was inspired by a blog to actually get myself dressed everyday. So I make it a point to, at the very least, get dressed, cover up my dark circles, wear some piece of jewelry, and even brush my hair! And it has done wonders for my attitude and mood! I mean, I was up half the night with G, but putting forth the effort to do something for myself makes me feel somewhat human.

Ok, back to my eBay score... Since I'm done being pregnant, I figure I'm safe to buy some clothes for myself. Jeans! I need jeans! My frugality keeps me from spending full price for clothes. I just can't do it. So, I did a search on eBay for Express jeans in my size. I know my size in Express, so I figured I had a decent chance of purchasing a pair that actually fit, without spending $70 for a new pair that will no doubt get puked on, or muddy. And I found a lot of 5 pairs! The seller also had two pairs of twill shorts from NY&Co, as well as a pair of Old Navy jeans and a pair of Gap jeans. And she was willing to combine shipping for me! I was lucky enough to win all three auctions, and got a total of 7 pairs of jeans and 2 pairs of shorts shipped to me for $68!!! That's less than one new pair! And I didn't have to go to the mall to try them on (tough to do right now with a little one permanently attached to me). And the best part, I got them...and they ALL fit! All are in great condition and I have a variety of styles.

So that's all for my first installment of Frugal Friday, more steals and deals next week!




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPod Touch

No comments:

Post a Comment